Monday, November 30, 2015

An Active baby means Proper Development: Babies are most active when Their Health and skin are Problem Free!!


 Motherhood is the most beautiful and blissful moment under the sky. It’s the definition of pure and unconditional love. However the most pleasurable moments come with numerous challenges.  It’s both a daunting responsibility and a magnificent occasion.

With a child born, birth of a mother also takes place. Like the child explores the world day by day growing up with every single moment, so also a mother explores the world of motherhood.

I was always fond of kids. I used to adore kids in my neighborhood since I was barely 8 years old. I used to go to the neighborhood houses to play and cuddle the kids. Wow! They were so soft...soft.

I was a teenager when my brother had his first daughter. Till my marriage three of my eldest brothers had already married and had kids. However As I was staying in hostels, so I used to get less time to be involved with them. Also I could never see how as a newborn kid they were taken care of by my Bhabis and Mother.

When I became a mother, the world became the most beautiful place for me. It seemed as if within moments the “Theme of Life Changed”. Happiness, wonderful and other such words…I don’t think are enough to describe those feelings. I was holding a buddle of joy of some pound weight surrounded by my mother, Mother-in-law and other elderly ladies of my family to grace and bless us “Me and My Son”.
That was perhaps the first real moment when I learnt the truth of life that “highest Pleasure comes with intense pain”.
Well…little did I know that soon the pleasure is going to have a face-off with Challenges? With other parenting things, one of the most difficult parts for me was to deal with skin care activity of my little son. Though health was always an issue with him but I took no time to learn that my son has an extra allergic skin.

Initially I did everything what I was asked to do by my Mother, Mother-in-law and some other elderly ladies.  Their skin care included oil massage followed by a birth (not every day).  Weekly thrice Turmeric paste with oil massage and sometime some “roots and shrubs” paste used to be applied in his body. Also I was advised not to use diapers for the newborn baby.

Soon I realized that they were not going well with my son.  I noticed some skin rashes also. Actually it was The pediatrician who taught me first "the proper skin care routine" for my son.
I followed them and I’m sharing them here.

Oil Massage

Research have shown that out of five senses, Touch (Feel) is the one that is most developed at birth in babies. So massaging infants has enormous benefits for helping babies grow and thrive because while massaging the power of “tender touch” works wonders in newborn’s psyche. It soothes the little one to dreamland, eases its stiff delicate muscles and also provides a protection layer to the skin.

However the Oil for the massage should be chosen carefully as “one may work for my Baby but may not work for yours”. Also “One Kind of oil” may not work in all the seasons in the year also. For Ex. Olive Oil may work wonderful in winter but some time it is not advisable to use it in summer as well. So it is very important to choose “good body oil” for the Baby.

Daily Bath:

A baby should be given a bath daily followed by the Oil massage preferably in lukewarm water. A daily bath refreshes Baby’s mind, cleanses it body. However, if Baby is not well then bath can be skipped though sponging should replace it.  While bathing with a regular interval we must use a Tear less Shampoo and Soap
I always had faced difficulty in choosing soap and a shampoo for my son as he was allergic to most of the baby shampoos and soaps. Mostly I used medicated products. But nowadays many good and safe brands are available. It is very important to clean the scalps of the baby with a good shampoo (tear less or at least not affecting eyes) and a soap bath is also important to clean the body. Else it would result in some skin problems.

Good Fabrics and Clean Clothes:

Special care should be taken to keep the clothes of the baby clean and germ free. Babies should be wrapped up with clean, soft towels. I never compromised with the brand and fabrics of my son’s clothes. Lose and soft fabric clothes are best for babies. Clothes if not chosen wisely has a potential to harm baby’s body that has soft and tender skins. They develop rashes and sometime they are serious also. So cotton and soft clothes are best for the kids.

Use Diapers:

I had faced most difficulty in convincing my mother as well as mother-in-law to use diapers for my son.  Now also it is very unlikely in many families to use diapers for the babies round the clock. At night…it is a very big NO NO…

But it is very important to use diapers for the babies (and especially at night) because it gives the Baby a “Good Night Sleep” without any disturbances of wetness. We know Babies need adequate sleep for their physical and mental development. Diapers help them to have a whole night sleep (only occasionally twice or thrice…they need night feed)

Another fact is even Diapers should be chosen wisely. There are many brands with tall claims like maximum absorption, no rashes in the skin…etc. But some only meet the claims. For that reason…I would suggest “Pampers Premium care Pants” as some of my friends who have their second child found it very good. It absorbs wetness and locks it keeping the baby’s skin dry and Comfortable for long hours which are very important for smooth development activities of the babies.
To use diapers properly, after any cleaning activities pat dry the baby’s skin and sprinkle it with a good baby powder and let it dry for a while. After that only use the diapers and premium pants.

Keep the Baby Hydrated to Keep the Baby’s skin moisturized:

For a healthy, problem free skin, baby needs a lot of “magical syrup” i.e. Water. Water keeps the body hydrated, locks the natural moisture intact with the body never letting it to dry and helps in gut cleaning processes. With growing years, Babies can be given lots of fruit juices and liquids. Moistly oil works as a moisturizer but sometime with changing weather Baby’s skin needs extra care. For that reason a good moisturizer can be applied in the little one’s body (though no moisturizer worked good for my son). It works excellent.

Apart from the above things, some other dos and don’ts should be taken care of while handling babies.
Never ever hold a baby without cleansing your hands and wearing clean clothes.
Never ignore anything in the Skin of the Baby…even if it is a small rash or inflammation.
In any emergency or any other problems, never take advice from others…consult a pediatrician immediately.

Babies are most active when Their Health and skin are Problem Free and an Active Baby means appropriate physical and mental development of the Baby.

Motherhood is a treasure hunt game. It always puts challenges before you only to discover more pleasure in it. It’s not only exploring the treasure but also playing this divine role is a “Treasure” in itself

The heavenly role of Motherhood is a reward from God and a key to his plan of Happiness for all his children!! 



“Pampers brings you the softest ever Pampers Premium Care Pants. Its cotton-like softness is #SoftestForBabySkin and allows it to breathe, thus keeping baby’s skin soft and healthy, and your baby happy. ”

                          

No comments:

Post a Comment