Friday, June 2, 2017

#OdiaFood: Alubhaja And paratha



Well…let Me tell you, I am not a good cook at all but I try to explore cooking. For me even though cooking is an everyday affair, I don’t really do it with passion unless the dishes are close to me. In short, when I “have to” any way, I use my mind while if it is “I want” to cook, I put my hearts into it.

Being an Odia, I love Odia foods and “I Love” to cook them mainly for two reasons. They make me happily nostalgic and the other one is they are simple to make, less oily and spicy yet wildly tasty.
Here is one…a very simple Odia dish.

Alubhaja and Paratha!

Potatoes cut into thin but straight pieces simply cooked with cumin seeds, oil, chopped onions, turmeric, salt and a pinch of red chilli powder. Served along with Parathas or Rotis…

A typical and classical odia breakfast!!

Evergreen....in its taste and appeal.
I bet...it’s always irresistible for any Odia!
Me??
Always in love with it...
😍 😍 😍 😍
Try it guys. Make sure you are asking for it, if you are visiting a Odia friend's house. It takes just few minutes to be prepared as the ingredients are always available at homes.

No comments:

Post a Comment