Friday, April 27, 2018

X FOR XIGUA




Top post on IndiBlogger, the biggest community of Indian Bloggers




IMAGE SOURCE - GOOGLE!!! 

X FOR XIGUA
X has always been a problematic in fact most difficult letter in our childhood days when we did play word game or more precisely Atlas. I remembered in my growing up days we often played the game ATLAS not only the names of places but with ALL WORDS. It was quite difficult to find words in the alphabet X. And if you want to win the game the trick was, put the opponent with words ending with X...like fix, six, complex. Even oxford dictionary wasn’t of much help.
Well....today I was too occupied with my assignments and submissions. I wasn’t sure what to write on X. may be For the first time, in the entire month of this #BlogchatterA2Z  blogging challenge  I googled to find out something to write on.
So I typed “Words on X” and it took me to a new word discovery. X For XIGUA which is a fruit and it’s the name of the non-other than the familiar fruit and my favourite one "Watermelon". Seriously I didn’t know that Xigua is the African name or rather Original name of the Watermelon. We eat it often and in abundance especially in the summertime. Why the fruit's name was changed is anyone's guess. Perhaps, Xigua is too hard to pronounce or maybe watermelon describes the fruit in the most sufficient way that is it’s the fruit which is 92% water and 6% sugar and edible.


These days, my most favourite way to beat the hit is having watermelon most of the time. There are several health benefit of this fruit. However, I like it for three reasons. Its enticing dark red colour, its tastes and of course its cooling effect on the body.   Well...now I will tell...I am having plateful of Xigua Slices...What about you?? 

This is my Post for DAY – 24 For the Alphabet X In #AToZChallenge by #Blogchatter #BlogchatterA2Z  

6 comments:

  1. I do not like watermelon unless it is in a smoothie! But it is delightful ingredient for a cold smoothie on a hot day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really!! I just like it eating it raw. I don;t even like watermelon juice Thanks Cheryl for visiting the post.

      Delete
  2. I love watermelon. It was great to know that watermelon is also called xigua :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Watermelon too!
    I have plates of it without feeling guilty :)
    Thanks for informing that its original name is- Xigua.

    ReplyDelete